Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goodbye, Sam


Well Sam the Butcher is now dancing at his eternal resting place, the big Meatcutter's Ball in the sky. Sam the Butcher, also known as actor Allan Melvin, passed away at age 84 today. I would be sorta' pissed if I was only known for one mediocre role on a TV sitcom. And the only time I ever got air time was when the family's MAID was around. I'm sure he wanted to hit it a few times with Carol but Alice was always lurking with her giant meatloaf, always nagging him about more meat. Did that family all have heart disease from all the beef and pork they sucked down?! So Alice was chasing Sam, Sam was eyeing Carol, Carol wanted to diddle Greg, Greg was lusting after Marcia AND Carol, and Mike was boinking the camera boys and wardrobe staff. For a wholesome show that became a cult classic in America, there was sure some whacked out shit going on. Let's hope Sam, er, I mean Allan, never has to look at another pork chop again up in that big meat market in the sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a big juicy tube steak!