Friday, July 10, 2009

About That Disco Stick

I curse in the privacy of my own home. Okay, so that's a lie, I curse wherever the mood strikes me but I AM able to practice discretion. If I'm really pissed off I will fucking swear, even in front of my kids. But that's MY choice. What really gets my panties in a wad is the direction musicians are taking with their lyrics. Between the raunchiness of their subject matter and the leniency of what radio stations play it is nearly impossible to find anything suitable (that's not the douche-bag Disney channel radio) to listen to with my kids in the car. My kids are dancers, they like current music but even the radio edits these days are off the charts dirty. Today I heard a song called "I'm That Bitch". Nice. Lady Gaga sings about wanting to take a ride on your disco stick. The Black Eyed Peas are amazing artists but their album is littered with "shit", "bitch", "fuck" and "nigga". There's even a silly song called "Don't Be a Douche Bag". I get it. You are bad-ass. You are really, really rich. You don't want to compromise your artistic integrity. But why does your great music has to have such growingly explicit content? Can't you just chill out on that shit a little bit? It's like you are trying to "out-motherfucker" each other. What's next a ballad called "Lick My Throbbing Nips and Make Me Scream"? Or maybe "You've Got A Trouser Snake I Wanna Lick"? How about "Baby Want a Blowjob"? And don't give me the "there are edited versions" bullshit because that's only for the three or four songs actually released for radio from the album. You greedy-ass, dirty-mouthed bitches. Don't get me wrong, I love me some f-bombs. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it, too. I'm just getting a little burned out on my Camp Rock and High School Musical soundtracks, folks.

No comments: