Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Privileged Life

To those of you in this world who can afford a gardener, lawncare professional, person to snow blow your driveway in blustery weather, a maid, a cook, a nanny, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an interior designer, even a fucking artist commissioned especially for you, be fucking grateful. I am not talking someone who works their ass off and NEEDS a person to watch their children, call it a daycare provider, nanny, babysitter, what-have-you. I'm talking people whose lives are so comfortable that these little luxuries are taken for granted. So kindly shut your mouth around me if you want to complain about these hired "servants". It is rude, arrogant, and I will punch you.

I have lived in the mid-West my entire life. I should be used to snow by now. I still lose my mind and bitch incessantly every single year about this time because I am fucking DONE with snow and cold and runny noses and salt ruining my floor in my foyer. Kindly fuck off, winter. You are a cold cunt who is more pointless that the movie, "House Bunny". As I shoveled my driveway and sidewalk for what will probably be the first of several times I do it today, I was thinking of people who have no grip on reality and have people hired to do every God damn little thing except for maybe wiping their own ass. Though I'm guessing for the right price someone would do that, too. I think everyone should go out in this mother-fucking snow shit storm and shovel for at least 45 minutes. I don't fucking care if you have a bad back, heart condition, knee replacements, or ride a God damn Rascal. It is hard as hell work. My back hurts like a mother, I pulled some muscle in my neck and shoulder from dance a few days ago, but I do not have the MONEY to hire a little man to do this for me. So rather than have my kids trudge through a foot of snow, I do this for them. I guess this is common sense for me. I have no choice.

I am not talking those who lead a privileged life in Hollywood royalty. Those with trust funds and money to blow on BLOW and Grey Goose and bottle service and Gucci pumps. These 20-something douche bags make me crazy, too. But I guess if you're born into that shit you don't stand a chance of grasping any reality on real work ethic or hardships. But the petty incessant bitching about trials and tribulations of these people you have extra money to hire.... makes me livid. Guess what? I would LOVE to have enough extra cash flowing from my own ass to hire a chef to grocery shop for me and cut my fruits and veggies and prepare nutritionally balanced meals with portion control. I would LOVE to have a maid to dust my blinds, clean my toilets, scrub my floors, and do my dishes. But I only have ME to do this. So my floors are not spotlessly clean. My blinds will always be a little dusty. My carpet has juice spills and a few dog piss stains that even with my best on-your-knees scrub fest have not been able to remove. I would LOVE to afford all hard wood flooring, granite counter tops, all new stainless steel Viking appliances, a bigger house, a weekly masseuse, a boat, a person to trim my flower beds, weed my lawn, and prune my bushes--the ones in my yard AND my panties. But until I discover the magic tree that grows fucking hundred dollar bills or we win the Mega Millions, it ain't going to fucking happen. So if you are blessed to afford any of these things, and I know many of you are, just be appreciative. I bet some of you worked hard to get these things. Just don't take it for granted. because a person who is not humble or appreciative is really fucking ugly and miserable to be around. By the way, if you want to install hardwood floors and granite countertops in my kitchen, I will build a shrine to you in my bedroom and paint a 6-foot painting of your ass to kiss to show my appreciation.

I am blessed to have a husband who works his ASS OFF despite many, many hardships hat have been totally unnecessary in his life that would have brought an ordinary man down. His hard work provides me with the ability to stay at home with my children. I appreciate the fact have a warm home, money to buy food for my family, a car to drive, and gas to put in it. I am blessed to be able to have medical care to take care of my family when we are sick. I have a nice, comfortable life. I do not take ANYTHING I have for granted. Think about it people. Be grateful for what you have and aside from winter, shut your fucking mouth about the little shit. Does it really matter in the big scheme of things????? Ingrates fucking piss me off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technology truly is an inescapable aspect of our daily lives, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.

(Posted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://cid-2602f0e287041cef.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2602F0E287041CEF!106.entry]R4i[/url] NewPost v2)

Anonymous said...

For some people, there will never be any reality check.

Mom