Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Store



If I had the entrepreneurial skills, the money, and the motivation, I would open a clothing store for women who are somewhere in between keg stands and menopause. I have touched on this topic before. It befuddles me where in the hell I am supposed to shop for clothing. I really have no business shopping in clothing stores that carry juniors' sizes. I cannot bring myself to walk into Coldwater Creek or fucking Chico's because the clothes...well, they just plain suck. (If you enjoy dressing like a lesbian horse trainer from Appalachia, then you go girl!!) I am toying with some ideas for the name of my store....
"Call Me Ma'am Once More and I'll Kick Your Ass"
"M.N.D.--Mature, Not Dead"
"SABB--Sexy Ass Bitches Boutique"
"Who The Fuck Wants to be FOREVER 21?!"
"House of MILF Shakes"
"Cougar Den"

I hate looking like a mom. By this, see photo. Butch bob, nipple-high waist faded denim jeans, sensible mock turtleneck. I am aware I am a mother, I have given birth to two kids. I hate that look though. Does that make me in denial? Or fashionable? Should I be on the look-out for Stacy and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" to make fun of me as they have secretly taped me walking the dog in my Victoria's Secret PINK sweat pants, tank top, and no bra? I am at a loss. Anyone have any tips for me?

I enjoy working out. My motivation for hitting the gym 5 days a week is this---to negate the calories I get tremendous enjoyment from consuming. I do not want to drink wheat grass. I like dairy and sweets and carbohydrates. I will eat the occasional vegetable, especially if someone ELSE shops for, chops, and prepares them. Fruits are no problem. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can totally commit to a regimented exercise program. I CANNOT commit to restrictive eating habits. I have tried denying myself many things and it always comes back with a raging binge of the item(s) I was not allowing myself. And this, my friends, is why I will never, ever be smaller than a size 8. Unless my thyroid gives me the big middle finger or they find out cocaine has vitamins and organic protein, my metabolism is what it is.

I am a fun woman, a fun mom, a fun, and I'd like to think still pretty attractive, wife. I love traveling. I love going to dance clubs. I do NOT love feeling old. And big and blubbery. Now any of you who are bigger than me, I am not calling you Fatty Boom-Ba-Latty. I just have some hyper critical tendencies when it comes to body image thanks to my involvement with the ballet world. I also have some pretty skinny friends. It's tough hanging at the pool next to someone whose stomach is a washboard. Or whose thighs do not touch at the top. Or who have actual tricep muscles that are defined, not the Oprah Jiggle Wings I have if I don't remember to flex while I applaud anything.

I think that freaky Dr. Rey, a.k.a. Dr. 90210, should come up with some sort of full-body Spanx-type unitard. Flesh colored with air-brushed muscle tone!! Subtle enough to wear and expose your midriff or if people around the pool are drunk enough, with a swimsuit. I would pay top dollar for that little number. It would suction everything down flat in all the right places. I know a whole lot of ladies who would buy that from my store. Especially if it came with a "Fuck Wheatgrass!" t-shirt and a package of frosted brownies...

No comments: