Saturday, February 23, 2008

Proud Mama



Here are two dancers from my ballet piece entitled "Vagabond Dolls". I LOVE this one. It was the first time I got to choreograph within my true style (BALLET, hello?!) and feel really awesome about how it turned out. I work with 4th and 5th graders in the Junior Company at the park district but I'd say only a handful of the nearly forty of them really give two craps about ballet. That's okay, they'll realize the need for it as they get older and dance more. This was amazing because all the girls in the piece were genuinely excited to perform this. That is such an awesome feeling as a teacher and choreographer, let me tell you. From the wind-ups on their backs to the props that they used onstage, this piece was really my favorite, and only a wee little bit because it's my "baby". I so hope we can take this to competition this summer in Vegas. I know this isn't a really funny post, by the way, but I've been sorta' preoccupied with dance so give me a break. I'll get back on the funny train soon....

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I found your blog because Stephanie is my sister-in-law. I married Nate's younger brother. Kind of random, I know...

In any case, I just wanted to say that as a former dancer (most of my young life) I can totally relate. Looking at the pointe shoes on those girls feet...I do miss it.

Anonymous said...

miss. molly!

im SO EXCITED we're taking this to competition and i can do it with feeling intense and extreme pain in my foot. yayayyyyy! this dance is so much fun and everyone loves it and they're jealous of it :]

loveyouuuuuuu<3

karaaaa

Anonymous said...

without*

yeahh i already went through it with it haha