Friday, May 16, 2008

I Am a "Whoo-Hooo" Girl

In life there are women who are Whoo-Hooo Girls or they are not. This means a female individual who will utter the phrase "WHOOOO-HOOOOO!!!" when solicited by a leader. It could be a fitness instructor ("Only five more reps! Whooo-hooo!") or the lead singer of your favorite band ("Let's rock this house, Chicago! Whooooo-hooooo!!"). It is a sign that you are into the moment, that you are pumped at the energy level and vibe of the scene.

Now there are varying degrees of being a Whoo-Hoo Girl. If you feel particularly timid in eliciting a Whoo-hoo spontaneously, you may require Whoo-Hoo Intervention Aid. This is also known as booze. EVERY woman is a Whoo-Hoo girl after she's been drinking. And if you don't drink, then you better get over your fear of looking like an ass and scream "Whoo-hooo!" with your crowd of drunk-ass lady friends. In spin class today I was the lone Whoo-Hoo-er for some time before people woke up. I like yelling it, it motivates me and at least makes people smile to see SOMEONE'S excited to be there. Heather, our instructor, is a major Whoo-Hoo Girl. I think it's in their fitness contract or maybe they take a course in it. I'm pretty sure she has a master's degree because she could make a deaf, little old lady Whoo-hoo.

There are places it is inappropriate to give a big Whoo-hoo. Like church, for example. If you finally GET what father is saying in his 35 minute sermon, just give God a special prayer of gratitude. If you are at a concert and the lead singer is speaking emotionally or starts singing a love ballad, just know your obnoxious, drunk-off-your-ass-from-Miller-Light Whoo-Hoo is what will be heard on the live CD version of this conert. Which they are recording tonight. Don't laugh, when you sober up you will realize you should have kept your big yapper shut. (You think I'm kidding here? I have a very beautiful concert CD from a band called Dead Can Dance. There is some drunk bitch who RUINS a tender moment by cackling "Whyeeeeoooo-hoooooo!!" in the middle of my favorite song. I hope she puked in her purse and was hung over for three days from that little stunt.) When you are at the altar and have just said, "I do", don't cap it off by a big "Whoo-hoo". Unless you are on that show, My White Trash Wedding. Then by all means belt it out because the rest of the trailer park is about to beat you to the punch. Enjoy that Krispy Kreme wedding cake, darlin'.

I think most people fall into the I'm On The Fence Whoo-Hoo Girls. They can't commit to it. If 8 or more women seem to be screaming it then, hell, why not chime in? But you certainly aren't going to START all that commotion. You wouldn't want to cause a SCENE. It is Kickbox Jam class, you are sweating like a pig to 50 Cent songs, and dancing like a stripper, would a medium octave Whoo-Hoo kill ya'? Let it out, sister!! Tomorrow I am taking a two-hour Kickbox Jam/Hip Hop class. I guarantee there will be some major Whoo-Hooing going on. There better be or I will have to make people do shots of Whoo-Whoo Intervention Aid in the locker room.WHHHOOOOOOO-HHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another term used is "Whooping" and someone making the sound would be a "Whooper" as in: 1.The bachelorette party full of whoopers is bothering me, so let's go to another bar. 2."Lisa, there is no whooping allowed here, this is Charlie Trotter's for Christ's sake."