Monday, September 15, 2008

I Stayed for THIS?

Americans, have we not learned ANYTHING from Hurricane Katrina? With all the suffering, chaos, and ill preparation for that horrible storm SURELY another one of its sort would not cause equal, preventable issues? Welcome Hurricane Ike. Thank you for causing presumed millions (at least) of American tax dollars to rescue those poor individuals who chose to stay home when this storm hit.
Wait a minute, WHAT?!!! What if I get a warning, far in advance that, gee, there is a HUGE storm coming? This storm is not your average run-of-the-mill thunderstorm. This storm has really big, really fast, really strong-ass winds that will blow me away as well as destroy my windows, roof, and much of my house. There will be flooding, and not the piddly-ass "flooding" that leaves an inch of water in your basement and you ruin a few boxes of old pictures. We are talking, "Holy shit my sofa is floating across my living room! I see the neighbor dog swimming through my front door windows!!" Bitch, git yo' ass OUT of town!!!!

So even with this scariness looming ahead, not potential but imminent, some of these stubborn asswipes thought they should buck the system. "Fuck you, Mother Nature!" they said. Some sat with shotguns, assuming many other Einstein-esque neighbors would be sticking around to pilfer through their shit. Their soggy, ruined, worth-nothing-at-all shit. The ones who left told Billy Bob and Tammy Rae that they could feel free to shoot anyone who came near their shit, too. They were just too nice to say what they were REALLY thinking.
"You dumb-ass redneck trailer whores! You are gonna be stranded and maybe DIE in your little piece 'o' heaven just for WHAT? Pride? Getting in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the biggest imbecile? Surfing your flat-screen TV down your street with your shotgun in hand? Thanks for wasting my tax dollars because you are a bunch of rusty cunt buckets! "(okay I totally stole that line from Ari, my fave character on Entourage. Fuck it, he's funny.)

So here comes Ike, big and bad. It spanks those coastal towns like a redheaded stepchild. And now who's crying, "Oh please help me! I am trapped in my house because it's flooded to the roof! I can't get out!" Well no fucking horse shit you retards. I fucking TOLD YOU SO. So now, in this great country of brotherhood and freedom, I have to expect my tax dollars to be funneled down to you to rescue your dumb ass. Christ, I hate that shit. I wish I could decide how my tax dollars would be spent. There needs to be a jury of peers who takes cases like this, when millions or BILLIONS of dollars need to be spent to patch up shit that could have been avoided. I know we do have to repair and rebuild, I am not arguing that point. Give them new houses, rebuild the roads, get those damn refineries working so I don't have to buy some queer-ass car powered by recycled deep fat fryer grease from Mickey D's.
"Your Honor, the citizens of Dumbfuckville who chose to stay in their homes despite numerous warnings of their impending death request money, transportation, deep tissue massage, and a 6 pack of Coor's Light. The silver bullet is a cure-all proven to make rednecks happy and forget how fucking stupid they are."
"DENIED, bitches!! Better hurry up and swim back to your houseboat because your cousin, Rufus, is using your fridge as a hot tub!"
Maybe I'm just not a sympathetic enough person...

1 comment:

Rachel Julius.... said...

I may have just pissed myself laughing!