Thursday, June 23, 2011

For 25 Cents More.....

We live in a nation of upgrades. Of super-sizing. Of bigger is better. (It IS by the way, don't believe the "size doesn't matter" bullshit...) At every turn a sales person or cashier at the movies is telling me, "You know for only 25 cents more you can get an extra-large soda." Well.....okay?? I guess that sounds like a good deal, right? But then I realize that my diet Coke is basically a 2-liter with a straw. If I was trekking across the Mojave Desert for two days I doubt I'd be thirsty enough to finish this much soda. But it always seems like such a good deal. Those cashier cockteasers. And now I have to piss before the previews are even finished. Fuck you and your ginormo beverage. The mere condensation dripping on my foot the entire movie could satisfy my thirst. Can I also have a wheel barrow of popcorn, too?

American fast food chains make it so simple and mindless to order the 10-piece versus the 6-piece nuggets, the mega French fries versus a small bag, the add-on Hershey's fudge pie slice without batting an eye. And this is why we are a nation used to everything in excess. Bigger, better, faster, the best will only do for us. This spills over more than the waistlines of fatty-boom-ba-latty America. God forbid we have an outdated computer or an old-school Iphone that weighs more than 3 ounces. The shame and horror!!!!!!! Fuck, now I need the Mac Book, the Iphone 4G, the Butterfly Turbo Seizure-Inducing Vibrator. I can't fucking keep up with your technology updates!!!!!!

Then there's the lure of the in-store credit card. "But, ma'am, you will save 20% today on your entire purchase if you open a credit card. It will only take a couple of minutes! You can even pay it off right now!" First off, don't fucking call me "Ma'am". It makes me feel old as dirt. Just because I have a wedding ring, a few wrinkles, and a kid in tow doesn't mean I can't out-cool the SHIT out of you in the blink of an eye. Watch me get into a club in Vegas while you wait in line for two hours and probably STILL have to give the bouncer a hand job. Secondly, quit trying to credit rape me into opening your fucking store card. I happen to LIKE the dress I am buying. Do many of your other clothing selections suck balls? Why yes, they do. Lastly, I will simply pay cash if you expect me to pay off the whole God damn card on the spot. Screw you and your rote memorization sales training skills which are beaten into your head. I am sorry this is your summer job and you are hungover, trying to make commission, trying to score bonus points for opening 10 credit cards a day, and that you still have jiz in your hair from blowing the bouncer at Club Douche last night. Not my problem. Here's my debit card, bag that shit and back the fuck off.

Also please do not try to upsell me your crazy cheap-ass (and probably a day away from the "Best If Used By Date") extreme value crap at the check out. I do not need a family-size bag of Doritos, 10 bags of peanut M&M's, or jalepeno Corn Nuts. Save it for the chick behind me who clearly has a binder of coupons and is about to orgasm from her savings she's about to score. She is on an extreme couponing mission--to expand her nuclear food storage which is now overtaking all of her kids' bedrooms, the garage, and her husband's office. She also wants to increase the girth of her fupa so she will never see her pussy ever again. When you get 175 candy bars and 35 cans of Hormel chili, I don't give a shit if the store PAID you money to take it, you do not NEED all that bullshit. Really? Put down the case of Velveeta, head for the produce. Your waistline and colon will thank me.

I get about 10-12 magazines a month. I have bought so many of them from Girl Scouts and various renewal offers I have been out-of-my-mind to accept. But I have and now I have more reading selections than the doctor's office. I DO enjoy magazines. I do NOT ever, ever read newspapers. Call me uncultured, call me ignorant. I find newspapers tedious and filled with shit I either do not care about or comprehend. So when you approach me as I have exactly 37.3 minutes to complete a grocery trip before I pick up my kids, do not approach me with your shirt and tie dance over subscribing to the local newspaper. Guess what, ass clown? I do not even LIVE in this town!!! But you still persist!! Did your mama drop you on your head?? I fucking said NO!!!!!!!! Plus it's a shitty paper! If it has coupon inserts, save it for Fupa Fiona who is picking up her Rascal cart and will be over in about 5 minutes. She just has to arrange her coupon binder and spreadsheet. And king-size box of Butterfinger bites and 2-liter Dr. Pepper....

No comments: