Sunday, August 24, 2008

Psycho?

Conversation a few days ago....

Me: "I think I am going to try to ride 100 miles on my bike this Sunday."
Friend "WHY?! Why would you want to do that?!"
Me: "Because I can."

Maybe that sounds bitchy or self-righteous but why would you ask me that? I would never say that to someone who wants to run a marathon or do a triathalon. Seriously, it might seem daunting but can't you just be encouraging about it? Are you jealous you don't have the balls to try it? Or are you just fat, lazy, and bitter?

At this stage of my life I am really into physical fitness. I don't know why now and not 10 years ago, I just am. It is highly addictive to me and I am a full-fledged junkie. Today I rode a long, long ride, called the Psycho Century. It ended up being 105 miles. With the four sanctioned rest stops it took 6 hours. Not too shabby. Of course I feel like I am peeing shards of red-hot glass every time I take a piss but that's okay. As the hours pass since I finished I am getting more and more sore. I might have to crawl up to bed. I forgot suntan lotion so my shoulders are burned as hell. And I'm already wondering when the next "century ride" will be. I am proud, not arrogant. I think this is a nice little accomplishment for me. So congratulate me, don't ask me "WHY?!" Or I will make you ride with me on a dirt bike with half-inflated tires next time. And I won't be sharing my Gatorade, beeotch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Did you ride to Wisconsin??? My sympathies to your labes...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations- I don't even want to drive 100 miles anywhere, let alone bike it!! Jamie